Creative teens can have lots of fun designing, making and customising creative costumes this Halloween. Take your favourite film or tv character, celebrity or inspiration and add your own unique touch to your costume. Find a local craft store and paint, glue, sew, and create items to personalise your costume and make it stand out this Halloween! Let your imagination run wild, nothing is too extravagant for Halloween.
While teens might not be keen on trick or treating anymore, an elaborate costume for halloween parties is a definite must. Visit Spirit Halloween for costume ideas!
- Favourite film/cartoon characters. Dressing as your favourite movie character is a great way to make a creative costume that fits the year. It will make for a memorable reminder over the years.
- Twilight: Pick you team Edward v Jacob for the ultimate classic Halloween characters. Dress as a vampire or warewolf in this popular teen series. Make your costume change between their human and supernatural personas.
- Harry Potter: customise your Harry Potter costume by finding witch and wizard inspired items, gothic jewellery. Colour your costumes to match your house colours, make your own wand, accessorise your wig or hair with fake spiders, cobwebs, ornaments, feathers, potion bottles etc..
- Celeb Disasters: Miley Cyrus, Amanda Bynes, Britney Spears. Pick your favourite Hollywood train wreck and make a costume to suit their latest exploits!
- Ghosts of famous dead people. Elvis Ghosts, Presidents, Pop Stars and famous inventors. Make your own props that reflect the invention of the person you’re dressing as.
- Inanimate objects. These costumes are often the most challenging to create. Making a costume out of a box, plastic, metal or fabric.
- Pop stars. Pop stars are some of the most outlandish and recognised people on the planet, so you’re sure to be instantly recognised dressed as your favourite ground-breaking pop star. Lady Gaga is surely a fabulous teen inspiration for Halloween. Take your favourite Gags costume as a starting point. Take on the challenge to replicate a design with your own materials, or
- Teen Superheroes. Add a teen/young adult twist to your favourite movie or comic superhero. For ideas try favourite Disney characters, cartoon characters, or the classic superheroes like Batman and Superman and customise the costumes, colours and props to suit your personality.
- Gory Zombie. For those who have made zombie costumes year after year, there is always the challenge of making something really extreme. Get to your local Halloween costume store and find fake blood, limbs, brains and body paint to customise your look this year. Google zombie images and be amazed by the makeup transformations the professionals can create. Choose a look you like and interpret it as best you can. The aim is not to copy an idea to perfection, but to create your own take on a design.
- Group Costumes. Get a group of friends together and go as the members of your favourite rock band, or the sports stars of your favourite sports team. The possibilities to customise your costume are endless. Use your school or college team colours, mascot, or logo as design inspirations.
Have fun creating your costumes with your friends! Happy Halloween!
Halloween Spirit are your one-stop shop for everything Halloween, from freaky and fun costumes for adults and kids, through to hats, masks, accessories and oodles of spooky fun.